- Getting to the park at opening will allow you to see quite a few attractions without waiting in a long line.
- Learn to use Fastpass the right way. Click HERE for more information on FASTPASS.
- 8-10am is the right time to experience Fantasyland with minimal lines.
- 10am-11am is the right time to experience Toontown with minimal lines
- Have lunch or dinner earlier or later than the standard times. For example… Lunch should be before 11:45am or after 1pm. Dinner should be before 4:45 or after 7pm.
- If you use a stroller we recommend renting a Disney stroller and bring something to tie an item to the handle to help in detecting which stroller is yours.
- Do not push your stroller everywhere. You can usually drop off the stroller in one area and then experience everything in the area before you go back to your stroller.
- You can use the Child Swap ticket to experience attractions that the young ones may not like.
- If you need a locker you should get one inside the park you are visiting and not on the outside of the park entrance. For Disneyland use the lockers on Main Street and for California Adventure use the lockers by the main entrance
- Monday – Thursdays are usually the less crowded days. Friday is pretty good until people start to get off of work. If you must go on the weekend, Sundays are usually slower, especially in the early morning.
- Mix your E ticket attractions with a show, parade, or snack. For Example. Ride Splash Mountain, but then ride Winnie the Pooh or the Canoes before going to Big Thunder Mountain.
- Avoid the first Fantasmic show if possible. It is always better to see the second show.
- The best spot for the fireworks is between the end of Main Street and the Walt Disney Statue. Look for the blue umbrellas and the speakers above those umbrellas.
- Another great spot for the fireworks is by It’s a Small World, but keep in mind that you might miss some of the effects if you are not in front of the castle.
- You will need a FASTPASS to see the World of Color show at Disney California Adventure. You can get a FASTPASS by getting a ticket near Grizzly River Run or you can purchase a lunch or dinner meal.
- We would recommend that you park your car at the Toy Story Lot on Harbor and between Katella and Orange. The free bus service at this spot tends to be faster than the standard Disney Tram and the wait is a lot lower when you leave the parks at night. Another convenience is that you can buy your park tickets at the parking lot instead of at the main gate.
- Saturdays have always been known as THE busy day at the Disneyland Resort, but things have changed since the increase popularity of the Annual Pass. Our recommendation is to go on a Saturday if the majority of Annual Passholders are blocked out for the day. Here is the Annual Passholder Calendar LINK
- The Little Mermaid Attraction tends to have a lower wait time after 6pm and during the World of Color show.
- If you are looking for a particular Disney Character you can ask the Cast Member at the Wait Time Board area. At Disneyland the WTB is located at the end of Main Street and to your left. At California Adventure the WTB is at the end of Buena Vista Street and to your right.
- Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers have proven to be quite popular. The Fastasses for RSR tend to run out within 30-45 minutes of California Adventure opening. The best thing to do if you really want a RSR Fastpass is to get to the California Adventure main gate before it opens to the public
- If you are not a Disneyland Resort Hotel guest and have no access to the Early Entry Mornings, we would recommend avoiding that particular park on that day. You can get the latest Early Entry information HERE
*** This page will be updated as we find new tips to share ***
Please contact Mouse Expedition if you have any questions HERE
Follow Mouse Expedition on Twitter HERE
Follow Mouse Expedition on Facebook HERE